We are proud to announce that Meiling Skincare is now a Green America Certified Business!
The Green Business Network is a vibrant community of over 3,000 environmentally and socially responsibly businesses, the first and largest of its kind in the US. The network is powered by Green America, the leading green economy non-profit whose mission is to harness the economic power of consumers and businesses to create a more just and sustainable economy.
In order to receive a Green America Certification, we had to show proof Meiling Skincare is a "values-based" company, focusing on the principles of social justice and environmental sustainability. Read more about our energy and water conservation practices and charitable practices by clicking environmental sustainability.
Furthermore, we had to show proof that we run our facility in an environmentally responsible way,and source our raw materials responsibly. That includes all organic oils used in our products and the packaging we use that is made from post-consumer fiber.
This certification verifies that we not only meet the strict requirements for Green America, but that we exceed all required standards in the Body & Personal Care industry.
Green Business Requirements for Body and Personal Care Company
The following are industry specific requirements Meiling Skincare had to meet in order to receive the Green America Business Certification.
- May not include any of the following:
- phthalates such as DBP, DEP, DEHP, BBzP, and DMP
- chemicals ending or containing “sulfate” or “sulfosuccinate”
- parabens or paraben preservatives; (chemicals ending in methyl, propyl, butyl, and ethyl)
- petroleum variations including: mineral oil, petrolatum, paraffin
- nitrosamines (a group of potent carcinogens)
- synthetic alcohols, fragrances, and dyes
- No animal testing and/or acquired Leaping Bunny cruelty-free certification
- List complete ingredients online where product is sold
- No nanotechnology, e.g. , particles below 100 nanometers. Green America is following Europe’s lead and using the Precautionary Principle until further research is complete on this topic
- Use of a green office or facility, including resource reuse and maximum use of post-consumer recycled resources as well as maximum water and energy efficiency
- Scented with only natural essential oils
- No chlorine bleaching
- Use of Fair Trade ingredients (shea butter, olive oil, sugar, essential oils)
- Use of local sourcing of ingredients whenever available
To learn more about the Green Business Certification, please click on the image below.