It was ingredients of other soaps (and the prices) that got this whole thing started. We believe ingredients are important. We believe everyone should not only understand what is in the products they use, but they should feel good about it too.
All oils and butters used in Meiling Soaps are certified "organic". There is no such thing as "Organic Soap", because two essential components of soap are Sodium Hydroxide (read about Sodium Hydroxide and Soap Here) and Water. So, our soap is "made with organic ingredients", but not organic soap.
View our Organic Certificate.
All of our soaps are paraben free, sulfate free, toxin free, and synthetic free!
Ingredients In Meiling Soaps
- Organic Coconut Oil - This is the cleansing powerhouse of soap. As far as natural oils go, no other cleans better than coconut oil. Furthermore, it helps produce a great lather, making this a "must" in all our soaps.
- Organic Olive Oil - This oil is on the opposite side of the scale from Coconut Oil. Olive Oil's main benefit in soap is to moisturize. It is also rich in antioxidants, helping to protect the skin from the negative effects of "free radicals" and environmental toxins.
- Organic RSPO Palm Oil - Many natural soap makers have abandoned the use of Palm Oil due to environmental concerns. Meiling Soaps goes to great lengths to source only certified "Responsibly Sourced Palm Oil" RSPO. Palm Oil helps produce a longer lasting soap with a fantastic lather.
- Organic Shea Butter - Shea Butter has amazing moisturizing and healing properties, as well as being a rich source of Vitamins A and E.
- Organic Avocado Oil - Avocado oil is rich in Vitamin E and anti-aging antioxidant properties. Avocado oil also gives a wonderful moisturizing boost as well as smooths the skin.
- Organic Castor Oil - Castor Oil is an incredibly powerful oil for any soap. It is the one natural oil that both produces a full lather, and moisturizes the skin. In addition, it also is known to heal inflamed skin, fight signs of aging, fade blemishes and reduce pigmentation.
- Organic Cocoa Butter - Cocoa Butter helps produce a harder, longer lasting bar while also moisturizing the skin. It is also rich in antioxidants to help fight signs of aging, and improve skin elasticity, skin tone, and collagen retention/production.
- Organic Mango Butter - Mango Butter helps produce a harder, longer lasting bar while also moisturizing the skin. It is also rich in Vitamins A and C which help stimulate cells responsible for keeping the skin firm, as well as antioxidants to fight off signs of aging from "free radicals" and environmental toxins.
- Organic Argan Oil - Argan oil is am extremely nourishing oil that is known not only to moisturize, but tone skin, fight acne. Packed with antioxidants to fight off signs of aging, it is also rich in Vitamins A and E which have incredible healing properties.
- Organic JoJoba Oil - Known as the "Superfood for the Skin", Jojoba oil is a wonderful moisturizer, absorbing easily into the skin. In addition, jojoba oil is also known to be anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and anti-aging, while being able to soothe sunburns, reduce scarring, and treat skin infections.
- Vitamin E Oil - All of Meiling Soaps are enhanced with pure Vitamin E oil. As well as boosting the moisturizing effects of the soap, Vitamin E is classified as a "nutrient for the skin" by the National Institute of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. Rich in antioxidants, Vitamin E helps protect the skin from the aging effects produced by free radicals and environmental toxins.
- Ginseng - Known as a "Qi-Tonic", Ginseng has bee used throughout the centuries for overall well-being, Ginseng is also another natural antioxidant, providing anti-aging powers, improved complexion and skin tone. In addition to these amazing properties, placing Ginseng in our soap creates the most gentle exfoliation you've ever experienced.
- Organic Essential Oils - Due to the nature of "Fragrance Oils' (95% of which are derived from petrochemicals), we only use therapeutic grade, organic essential oils for scenting our soaps. Each soap scent is specifically crafted for an aroma-therapeutic experience and benefit.
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C is used as a collagen booster, helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, as well as brighten the skin.
- Beetroot Powder - A powerful source of antioxidants, Beetroot Powder further enhances Meiling Soap strength to fight signs of aging from free radicals and environmental toxins. This root also has the ability to reduce pigmentation and blemishes.
- Bentonite Clay - Bentonite Clay is a detoxifyer, pulling toxins out from the skin. It is also used to heal eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis. Bentonite Clay also improves skin cell health by allowing cells to receive more oxygen.
- Sodium Hydroxide - Sodium Hydroxide is a necessary ingredient in all soap. It is the reaction between the above oils and butters with Sodium Hydroxide, called "saponification" that changes the chemical structure into soap. Because of this chemical change, there is no NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide) in soap. The chemicals have rearranged making it soap.
- Distilled Water - We only use distilled water in the soap making process to eliminate an impurities from other filtered sources of water.
- Lauric Acid - This is a plant based fatty acid, derived primarily from coconut and babassu. Lauric Acid helps contribute to the soap's full fluffy lather, and cleansing attributes. Furthermore, it hardens the bars so they last longer for you.
- Grapefruit Seed Oil - Grapefruit seed oil acts as a natural preservative.